Happy Holidays! I am just popping in here to share my recipe for this month's Let's Be Real Meals theme: Healthy holiday sides! It has been a busy month while I prepare for the holidays and for our trip to Brazil. This recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make and it is the perfect dish to volunteer to make last minute!
I've also been focusing on where I want to take this blog in 2018. If you have suggestions or topics you want me to address specifically, feel free to let me know! More to come on this soon :)
Holidays in my family are typically celebrated with Brazilian food. Since I've moved away from home, studied nutrition and discovered food blogs, it has become a lot more fun to introduce my family to new foods I learn about. Roasted veggies is one that has yet to disappoint. I can't wait to share this one!
Recipe: Garlic, Herb and Parmesan Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 1 lb whole carrots
- 1 lb parsnips
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (I use this oil a lot because of the high smoke point)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
Optional: Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and cut the ends off of the carrots and parsnips. Optional: Keep the skin on for extra fiber!
2. Cut veggies into smaller wedges. Try to keep the size consistent so that they roast evenly. Place into large bowl.
3. Mix garlic, parmesan, and herbs into oil in a small bowl.
4. Pour oil mixture over the cut carrots and parsnips and mix to coat evenly.
5. Spread seasoned veggies onto parchment paper and roast for 20-25 minutes.
Happy Holidays and New Year!