Happy Valentine's Day! (*almost*) What better way to celebrate than with chocolate, right? But to be honest, chocolate is ok to have any day of the year. Seriously. I almost don't go a day without it and my health is in top shape. #NoFoodShaming
I went with chia pudding for this month's theme because it's a great recipe to have for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert. It was also another excuse to experiment with the Vitamix I won from FNCE back in October!
Chia pudding is something I've gone back and forth with. If you don't do it right, it comes out a bit too watery. I found via some other food bloggers that banana is the way to go! Plus it adds sweetness without added sugar. There are several optional ingredients that aren't listed in the video, but I'll be sure to add them to the recipe below.
This is a great option for meals/snacks if you're lactose-intolerant or don't tolerate yogurt very well, and is also a fun way to reap the benefits of the omega-3s from chia seeds using different flavors each time.
Don't forget to search #LetsBeRealMeals on Instagram for more simple recipes!
Recipe: Chocolate Lovers' Chia Pudding
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 banana (Freeze the other half for smoothies or you can double this recipe for two people!)
- Shredded coconut
- Optional: 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, stevia, strawberries as an additional topping
1. Mix milk, chia seeds, and cocoa powder (plus vanilla extract and stevia if using) in a small bowl or jar and place in blender with banana. Blend until smooth (about 15-20 seconds).
2. Leave in the fridge overnight or for 8 hours.
3. Top with raspberries and coconut and enjoy!
Double the recipe for a true chocolate lovers' snack or dessert.
Check back soon for additional recaps from my Brazil trip!